Okay- so never in a million years would I have thought that I would be writing a post that included the words “delicious” and “cauliflower” in the same sentence, but here we are! I have been on a bit of a cauliflower kick! Don’t worry- none of my sweets are made from cauliflower!Since this pizza crust is made from cauliflower and not flour, it’s low carb too!
This recipe is fairly simple to make!
1 small to medium sized head of cauliflower (2-3 C processed) *I used a bag of cauliflower from Costco *See above photo
1/4 C shredded Parmesan cheese
1/4 C mozzarella
garlic powder, rosemary, oregano, salt, and pepper to taste
1 C marinara sauce
1-2 C shredded mozzarella
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees (I know this is hot, but it crispies the crust up nicely)
- Prepare the cauliflower and place it in a food processor (Or chop by hand very very finely or use a cheese grater)
- Microwave the processed cauliflower uncovered in a microwave safe bowl for 5 minutes *Caution-contents are super hot!
- Let th
e bowl sit and cool for 5+ minutes -Trust me on this one!
- While the cauliflower cools, prepare an area for drying out the cauliflower, you want as much liquid squeezed out as much as possible! I would use paper towels, it will probably take a bunch! I originally used a clean dish
- towel, but it ended up stinking so much that we ended up just throwing it away!
- Once you’ve squeezed out as much liquid as possible, combine the cauliflower, egg, seasonings, and cheese
- Lightly spray parchment paper or a pizza pan
- Spread out the dough into your desired thickness and shape
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the crust is golden and crispy
- Take it out of the oven and top as you wish
- Throw it back in the oven and bake for another 2-5 minutes or until the cheese is nicely melted
- Most important: Enjoy!
I definitely forgot to take a picture of my finished pizza because I was too excited to eat!
If you make this recipe comment and let me know how it goes!!